Welcome to GameInScotland!
GAME IN SCOTLAND IS BACK FOR 2014!
Saturday 1st of March 2014,
Abertay University, Kydd Building, Dundee
Are you Passionate about gaming? Work in the games industry? Or aspire to be a programmer, an animator, an artist, a journalist or even a game designer?
Then this event is for you!
This FREE event provides you with the opportunity to:
• Meet a number of Scotland’s top games development studios one to one.
• Learn about the breadth of jobs that are currently available for both experienced and graduate talent in the Scottish Games Industry and likely future opportunities post 2014 graduation.
• Hear from Scotland’s top games development studios and other top companies active in other fields within the industry.
• Ask questions to industry panels on the topics of recruitment and the future of the industry
• Learn about what else is going on in the Scottish Games Sector such as ‘Dare to be Digital’ - a unique industry-backed video games development competition for teams of students studying at all universities and art colleges.
• Network with other like minded people who have a keen interest in the sector
Don’t forget to bring lots of copies of your CV - and even better - any demos you have, most of these games companies have positions to fill NOW and post graduation 2014!
Get yourself registered now as although this is a free event, capacity is limited and places will be awarded on a first come first serve basis.
Keep an eye on the Facebook page for programme updates
Don’t take our word for it here’s what the companies have had to say:
“Excellent event for small to large development companies to source new talent for their teams. We were incredibly surprised at the diversity of skill sets we found at the event, from programmers, artists and producers to community, marketing and business development.”
“We use this event to help recruit graduates. It’s part of our annual recruitment process. Even if we don’t recruit people directly from the event, people who go talk to their friends, and so it has a general impact in terms of raising awareness. Please continue!”
“I can’t give out enough praise for the event. I’ve made some great connections that I believe will prove useful going forward. Some of the insight I picked up was unbelievable!”
“I genuinely couldn’t be more grateful for the opportunity to take part.”